- Arrange thanks in order based on the first letter used in the name (A-Z), followed by names that begin with numbers, and finally those beginning with special characters such as ".shadow//"
- Names are separated by a comma and the word "and" (not an ampersand).
- No additional comments or characters that cannot be found on a standard qwerty keyboard in the thanks
- Names used must not be offensive (including well known abbreviations/etc)
Thanks can be added for "new information". Even though you may have provided new info, you obviously don't have to add thanks. Many times when I add something as small as sell back for example, I don't personally feel it's much, so I don't bother. The following is a general list of what is considered thanks worthy;
- All correct images (see image guidelines)
- All appropriate notes, or adding additional new information to notes
- Card details (damage, cost, element, etc.)
- Character source/rank/element/alignment/quotes
- Evolution Tree
- Map names
- NPC dialogue, quests, shops, and location
- Price (if applicable)
- Quest location, begun from, requirements, description, when complete, characters required (with location), and rewards
Adding Thanks for someone else
You can add thanks to someone else if they directly helped you with any of the above, but as with all thanks it must be done at the time of adding the new information.
If a page has been left with no names at all in the thanks (it has happened a few times), a mod will add thanks from those who contributed.
When you copy any information from another page (such as something seasonal) you must copy all appropriate thanks with that information. If it is clear someone has copied info and has not added the appropriate thanks they will receive a warning. Also, do not add your name when cloning pages, unless the new page has some different info.
Do not add Thanks
Follows are a few examples of things we would please ask you not to add thanks for;
- Adding "Also see note"
- Adding/Removing tags
- Adding "N/A" where appropriate
- Cloning a page without any significant changes
- Copying/Pasting info from one page to another
- Cropping wiki images (after they have been posted)
- Fixing basic wiki format issues such as "include image-tags", tabs and wiki links
- Fixing typos
- Pages that do not have "thanks to"
- Recovering a pic for a same one
- Removing incorrect information
- Removing unnecessary information
- Rephrasing notes
- Striking out information
- When it was added on a separated edit without any info listed on Adding Thanks section.
You can remove thanks if it is added and does not qualify based upon the above rules. If someone has done nothing but add their thanks, or have added thanks and incorrect/inappropriate/unnecessary info, simply revert the page.
A moderator may remove thanks for other reasons. Sometimes we may not explain why. The reasons could involve users banned from the wiki, information gained through hacking, and other such things.
What is it? - Thanks to… can be found at the bottom of wiki pages (with the exception shops, lists, and a few others). It is credit given to those who have helped with that entry.
Why do we need rules? - Many wiki users care greatly about the thanks both of themselves and of others. If someone comes along to fix a typo or something else small, and adds thanks to themselves, other users get frustrated. It is at times a topic of contention. These rules exist so users can handle issues themselves instead of having to rely on a mod.
Do we still need to pm a mod to remove thanks? - If it is clear by the rules above, no, you can edit the page and remove the thanks yourself. Just make sure you say why in the comments. If it isn't clear by the rules, but you still feel something is wrong, pm mturf.
This person has thanks but they didn't edit the page!? - That's ok. A person doesn't need to edit the page themselves to get credit. They may have posed for the picture, provided the info via a pm or other method, or they might simply be using a different name on their wikidot account to the name they wish to use in thanks.
I / Someone forgot to add thanks when I / they edited, can I add it now? - No. You can't edit a page just to add thanks. If you forgot to add thanks when you added the new info, it's too late. Unless you are adding further new information you can't add thanks. Sorry, the rule exists to prevent people going back to long completed pages and claiming they help amongst other things. It also doesn't help the wiki if we have multiple edits where one will do. The moral is to just take care and do it correctly the first time, the wiki is not a contest, so don't rush.
The thanks are messed up, will i get in trouble if I fix them? - No, go ahead. Alphabetizing, removing ampersands, spelling corrections, etc. Just make sure you're correct ^-^. But don't go back and add/remove thanks on an old page if the rules have recently changed, if you have a problem with an older page pm a mod.
Why's there extra forward slashes at the end of the thanks? - That's part of shadow's name. It's an unfortunate coincidence that the wiki uses it to define italics, and that we chose to use italics in the thanks. If shadow's name is not next to it then it's probably a typo from someone copy&pasting instead of using the templates. If new users could avoid using wiki syntax in their names it would be much appreciated.
I've changed my name, can I change my thanks? - No.
(if you have anything I've missed, or any more questions you think should be answered here pm them to me and I'll add them to this list)