Due to the enormous success of the #AQWWiki IRC Channel, Hina has asked me to now create an IRC Channel for the OverSoul Wiki!
For the embedded channel on the Wiki, see the Wiki IRC Channel page.
The IRC channel has some great benefits, such as:
- Allows group discussions for Wiki users and staff together.
- A Q&A about OverSoul, or the Wiki itself for regular or new Wiki users.
- Organization and efficiency during release days.
- A convenient and efficient way to talk, especially concerning smaller issues/questions/suggestions/information instead of using this forum.
- Builds the Wiki community, allowing 'out of character' discussions, etc.
For those who don't know, IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat and Caelestia.net is a server used by members of the Artix Entertainment community, including the game and forum staff.
For more information and guides, please see the Caelestia IRC Guide and the Using IRC guide.
Common IRC clients include mIRC, a downloadable client, and Mibbit, a web-based browser client.
The current power structure of the Wiki channel is as follows:
- Channel Owner = Founder (~)
- Wiki Admins = Admin (&)
- Wiki Moderators = Operator (@)
- Wiki Helpers = Half-operator (%)
- Regular Wiki Users = Voice (+)
* The only exceptions to this is Zyrain as the Channel Founder.
Feel free to PM Zyrain if you need any help.
To the Channel Staff (Wiki Helpers/Mods/Admins)
We now have a staff-only channel! /join #WikiStaff (PM Zyrain if you are not on the access list and auto-banned from the channel.)
Regarding channel rules and punishments; all users must abide to the OS Wiki Rules and the Caelestia Network Rules.
If users break a rule, such as swearing, impersonation, non-AE advertising, etc., kick them but give a reason why so they know what they've done. If they repeatedly violate the rules, you may ban them. If spammers/spam-bots attack the channel, ban them by their IP address.
To kick a user: /kick NAME REASON
To ban a user: /cs ban #OSWiki NAME
(Some clients allow you to do this by clicking on the user's name.)
To access a list of bans: /mode #OSWiki b
To unban a user: /cs unban #OSWiki NAME
(Some clients allow you to click and delete the ban.)